A Few Facts About Olives And Their Oil:
- Extra virgin olive oil is cold pressed, unrefined and contains all the natural flavours, antioxidants, vitamins and goodness of a natural product.
- Olives and olive oils have high levels of natural antioxidants (especially Vitamin E) which help detoxify and protects against degenerative, cardiovascular and circulatory diseases, as well as acting as an anti-inflammatory supplement.
- Approximately 75% of the fatty acids in olive oil are monounsaturated; this means they breaks down the bad cholesterol and increases the good cholesterol in the bloodstream.
- They have a good balance of Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, which assist with healthy heart and brain function.
- Olive oil is easily digested and helps with the absorption of minerals and vitamins.
- As a skin care product, olive oil is often used in anti-aging creams and generally gives skin a healthy appearance and glow.